5 Tips for Successful Dating as a Single Mum
The ever-changing and evolving world of dating is daunting and stressful to millions of singles each day, especially to single mums. If you are a single mum, the prospect of dating and meeting a new romantic partner can quickly lead to feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and discouraged if you are unsure of where to begin. Using a few tips, learn how to successfully navigate the tricky realm of online dating to ensure a positive experience on your journey to find love again.
Consider Your Wants and Needs
Before you consider scheduling a date with any potential romantic prospect, it is important to consider your own wants and needs. Determine whether or not you are interested in pursuing a long-term monogamous relationship, or if you are open to alternative dating solutions. Are you searching for something serious, or a fun and playful short-term relationship?
Before beginning any conversation with a potential date, it is important to define your wants and needs to avoid wasting time or scheduling a date with someone who is simply incompatible with you.
Use Dating Sites That Offer Free Memberships
Finding dating sites for free no membership can help you to familiarize yourself with the world of online dating. While online dating is not right for everyone, it may open doors to new opportunities for meeting others, even if you are doing so just as friends. Some of the most popular dating websites and downloadable smartphone apps that offer free memberships for women include:
- Plenty of Fish
Choose the Right Profile Photo
When browsing an online dating site, you will instantly gain access to hundreds, if not thousands of profiles of singles near you depending on your current location. As you search for prospective partners, you are likely to make an immediate judgment based on the first impression you receive from their profile photo. Choosing the right profile photo can go a long way when seeking connections with online dating some. Here are some tips to keep in mind when choosing your online dating profile picture:
- Go Solo: Choose a profile picture that includes only you. Avoid using group photos, even if the include family and friends as this can cause confusion or may not stand out to other members who are browsing.
- Lighting: Lighting is extremely important when choosing a profile picture for your online dating account. Be sure to use a profile picture with adequate lighting. If the lighting is too low in your photo, it may be hard for other users to determine whether or not they are attracted to you, sending them in a different direction entirely.
- Quality: Always upload and use high-quality profile photos. Avoid using small, grainy, blurry, or extremely filtered photos.
Get Creative With Your Dating Profile
If you want to truly stand out with your dating profile, you will need to get a bit creative. Some tips to keep in mind when creating your dating profile include:
- Your favorite hobbies and interests
- What makes you unique and fun to be around
- How you enjoy spending your time and what means the most to you in life
- What values you hold and why they are important to you
- The type of lifestyle you currently lead and the type of lifestyle you are interested in with a potential future partner
- Ideas for first dates that are inclusive but are also reflective of your own personality and the type of fun you enjoy most
Be sure to avoid the following when completing your online dating profile:
- Leaving your profile entirely blank
- Using too much sass or snarkiness before meeting in person
- Creating lists of demands that may make you appear too high-strung or too high-maintenance
Dating a single mum does not have to feel scary or uncomfortable, especially once you become familiar with the various resources available for online dating. With the right mindset, dating profile, and determination, make the most out of your online dating experience as a single mum at any age.