It’s no-no-7 as Danny Boyle quits Bond movie
DANNY BOYLE has pulled out as director of the next James Bond film because of ‘creative differences’, the production team announced yesterday.
The Trainspotting filmmaker was to take the helm for the 25th outing in the franchise, with production to begin in December at Britain’s Pinewood Studios.
It is expected to be Daniel Craig’s last appearance as Bond after four outings as 007.
But in the latest statement on the official James Bond site, EON Productions said: ‘Michael G Wilson, Barbara Broccoli and Daniel Craig today announced that, due to creative differences, Danny Boyle has decided to no longer direct Bond 25.’
Boyle, who won an Oscar for his work on Slumdog Millionaire, was due to direct from an original screenplay by John Hodge, who also worked on Trainspotting.
No replacement for Boyle — who was also artistic director for the opening ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics — has been announced.
The as-yet-untitled film — due for release in the UK on October 25 next year — will see Craig returning as the spy.
The 50-year-old actor previously said he would rather ‘slash my wrists’ than reprise the role, but later said that he made the remarks two days after he finished shooting Spectre and was exhausted.
Author: Daniel Binns