Johnny Depp files a $50m lawsuit over Amber Heard’s abuse ‘hoax’
JOHNNY DEPP claims he has evidence from a number of witnesses that can prove Amber Heard’s domestic abuse allegations were false.
The Pirates Of The Caribbean star has filed a $50million defamation lawsuit against his ex-wife, after alleging her accusations were a ‘hoax’.
His lawyers have interviewed four employees and a neighbour from the Los Angeles apartment building where the couple lived at the time of the alleged attack on May 21, 2016.
They all claim the actress had no signs of physical abuse in the days after the alleged incident, reports The Blast.
Trinity Esparaza, who owns the building’s concierge services company, encountered the 32-year-old a number of times in the days following the alleged incident and reported seeing no visible injuries on her face or body.
But she noted that on May 27, the day Heard filed for a temporary restraining order, accusing Depp of spousal abuse, the Aquaman star had a ‘red cut underneath her right eye and red marks by her eye’.
After seeing pictures released when Heard filed her court order, Ms Esparaza said she reviewed security footage because she suspected the claims were ‘false’ as the timings ‘didn’t add up’.
Security guard Alex Romero also said he doubted Heard’s account. He had seen her enter and leave her home that week and reported seeing nothing which suggested she had been ‘punched by anyone’.
‘I saw the pictures and was like, “Come on, really?” I couldn’t believe it,’ he told Depp’s lawyers.
Two other workers, including the building’s general manager, Brandon Patterson, also testified they had seen Heard multiple times after the alleged assault and she was ‘without bruises, cuts, redness, swelling or any other injuries to her face’.
And neighbour Isaac Baruch, who has known Depp for 37 years, said he saw her the morning after the alleged fight and claims she shouted: ‘He hit me! He threw a phone and hit me!’
When she ‘stretched her neck’ to show him her injuries she was ‘mark-free’, he claimed. But on May 27 there were visible marks, he said.
Depp’s lawyer has also provided 87 segments of video — recorded before and after the alleged incident — to support his case, according to reports.
The 55-year-old actor denies his ex-wife’s claims and alleges she started a relationship with billionaire Elon Musk in March 2015 — a month after they married. The couple divorced in 2017.
A spokesman for Musk, 47, said: ‘Elon and Amber didn’t start seeing each other until May 2016.
‘Their relationship didn’t become romantic until some time later.’
Heard’s lawyer branded Depp’s claims ‘frivolous’.
Author: Andrei Harmsworth