Prince’s six siblings urge judge to name them heirs to late star’s estate
PRINCE’S six known survivng siblings have urged a judge not to delay in naming them the rightful heirs to the superstar’s estate.
Prince left no known will when he died on April 21 last year of an accidental drug overdose.
While Carver County District Judge Kevin Eide has said he’s ‘reasonably certain’ he’ll declare the six siblings to be the heirs, he said he plans to wait for the final resolution of appeals by some purported heirs whose claims were rejected.
Those six have each satisfied the court with proof that they are the sibling of half-sibling of Prince, while handfuls of other claims were dismissed through DNA testing or other means.
The six say their request does not ask for any immediate payments from the estate, and that their ‘sole intent with this motion is to clarify what is already widely known — that they are the siblings’ of Prince.
The six siblings served notice late last month that they want the judge to act sooner. In a memo filed on Wednesday, their attorneys argue that no credible surviving spouse or child has come forward, so further delays benefit nobody.
A hearing is set for May 10.
Author: Chloe Kerr