Australian Yourtown Lottery — How it Works?
“You have to be in it to win it.”
Everyone dreams of winning the lottery, but if you never purchase a lottery ticket, you have a zero percent chance of winning. Yourtown is trying to change the game when it comes to the lottery.
They are offering up million-dollar homes for people. They are the kind of dream homes you see on TV or in magazines. The kind of home you could never see yourself financially capable of owning. But, with one lucky draw, it could all be yours.
What makes Yourtown so unique is that they are offering these houses up to people while using the money to help kids and families with counseling services, employment opportunities, and learning programs.
For kids, Yourtown has programs that include:
- Art Workshops
- Educating Teens How to Drive
- Support For Kids Disengaged From School
- Connecting Counselors With Classrooms
- Helping Unemployed Teens Find Work
Parents and kids can also take advantage of the many counseling programs offered through Yourtown. Some of their all-star programs include:
- Parentline-Free counseling, education, guidance, and support.
- Starfish Program-Help young people with mental health issues.
- Yourline-A way to help people who struggle with non-work related issues find a job.
- Youthful Offenders Program-A program to help young people who are currently serving time in a correctional center.
Finally, when it comes to families, Yourtown has also stepped up to the plate to help those in need. Some of their family programs include:
- Early intervention strategies.
- Accommodations for women and their children stuck in a domestic violence situation.
- Early Childhood Program that helps pre-school age children begin their transition to school.
- Helplines are available for children and for parents 24/7.
- Programs to help parents who have been out of work while raising their child to rejoin the workforce.
- Young Parents Program-A program developed in providing practical parenting support for younger parents.
The way the program works is that they offer 10 absolutely gorgeous homes a year to 10 lucky winners. There is a maximum of 400 tickets that can be sold for each house.
People love the idea of spending money to win a dream home while making a difference in the community so much that they will go to crazy extremes to help luck sway their way. The head of Yourtown marketing and fundraising, Tracey Gillinder, is amazed at what lengths people will go to in order to feel lucky. She has reported that people have redirected their mail to go to their dream home.
Imagine having your mail redirected somewhere else in hopes that you’ll increase your chances of being lucky? Gillander said many people have redirected mail to homes that are the most popular. The people like to visualize what it would look like to show up there every day and live a luxurious life.
The strategies don’t stop there. People will visit the homes and throw coins in the pool for luck, leave personal items in certain rooms, select rooms they particularly like and start to order furniture for it, or try different tactics to purchase their tickets.
Many people will purchase their tickets online or directly at the home. They all have different superstitions to try to increase their luck. It is all unique and all in fun, but for 10 people, it will change their lives forever.
Actually, more than 10 people will have their lives changed forever. As a result of the Yourtown’s latest home lottery, thousands of people’s lives will be changed in ways they never could have imagined. Yourtown is finding ways to do good with the lottery money and help families have the tools they need to survive daily in this world. Many services are expensive and the help that children and adults need just can’t be met.
When you visit www.yourtown.com.au you will be able to read some of the heartbreaking stories of the struggles people have had to endure. This program is an absolute win-win. People who donate not only get a chance at winning a dream home but they also know that their money has gone somewhere that can help someone’s life be so much better.
What better way to give to others as the holidays are approaching!